Saturday 24 September 2016

My 10Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge – DAY10

Celebrating Freedom
#10DBC #freedomplan

Celebrating Freedom


Today is the last day of Natalie's 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge.

Here I am on the last day of the challenge. Today, I will talk of the journey to freedom.

When I started the challenge I just took it up to see what it felt like on this journey. It was perfect timing as I had not written anything on my blog since February'16. Seven long months with no blog. I wanted to test the waters, writing a few words every day once again.


My Journey

It has been a fantastic journey, discovering new things with each challenge.

Challenge Day 1 – Finding Focus led me to find ‘fear of acceptance’ and ‘lack of discipline’ holding me back from living the life I want to.

Challenge Day 2 – Discovering your Why led me to identify I belong to freedom and freedom to me. I identified the path of sustainability with the fear of failure cannot be lived and that it is possible anytime, anywhere and anyhow.

Challenge Day 3 – Creating a vision for future that I can conceive, believe and achieve.

Challenge Day 4 – Unlocking your super powers led me to find the fact that I cherished freedom, enthusiasm for things new and individuality.

Challenge Day 5 – Setting yourself up for Success led me to find the reason why I burned out, lacked focus and motivation to work. Burning the midnight oil, not enough sleep was not setting me up for success. I have begun to make a conscious effort in using the Pomodoro technique introduced by Natalie.

Challenge Day 6 – Finding your Tribe made me realize that a tribe will help me hold. I need to find one to collaborate with.

Challenge Day 7 – Beating Procrastination and overwhelm made me realize the importance of taking action even if it is imperfect. No one is born perfect. Life is a journey from imperfection to perfection.

Challenge Day 8 – Choosing your adventure helped find ‘me’ and that I should be part of the freedom lifestyle.

Challenge Day 9 – Location independence showed me how I could work at any location besides home and enjoy at the same time, with a little bit of faith, action, perseverance, patience and time.

The Experience

The challenge helped me reflect on various aspects – some hidden and others known. I enjoyed facing every challenge where the day 7 challenge threw me off balance where it took me time to identify the fact that even an imperfect step is a step towards perfection that I was not willing to take. Pointing at the fear of failure.

Finally, I did take the step. The challenge was like removing leaves on the cabbage and what it takes to live a freedom lifestyle and enjoy it.

My Favourite challenge and Why

Challenge Day 8 – Choosing your adventure was my favorite. It helped ‘find me’ so that I could live a sustainable life I discovered on day 2 of the challenge.

My Takeaway from the Challenge

A little bit of faith, action, perseverance, patience and time will make my dream of a sustainable living come true. I want the people in my tribe to know that it is possible anytime, anywhere and anyhow.

Next Step

Where do I go from here? Letting go of the challenge is important, for this is where I step into the real world without fear and with discipline. Find and collaborate with a tribe and write my blog every day. If I slip, I have the challenge blogs to remind me what I once committed.

A word of Thanks to Natalie Sisson, who was my inspiration all throughout. I must mention a special thanks to all bloggers in the challenge as they were a source of inspiration. I look forward to a new me, with a zeal.


Thank you once again for the challenge, Natalie.

No comments:

Freelancers - Who Moved My Cheese?

Freelancers, Who moved my cheese? I am sure you have read the book by Spencer Johnson, if not, click here to read .  Now, back to my b...