Saturday 24 September 2016

My 10Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge – DAY9


 Work Location Freedom

Today’s challenge is to imagine a month-long working holiday in Portugal (or any other dream destination) and the way to balance adventure and work while on this holiday.

This blog post is in response to Natalie’s 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 9

I have not visited Lisbon, Portugal. This challenge gives me a chance to daydream and visit this vibrant, cosmopolitan city, with beautiful sunny climate, and sites, magnificent landmarks, museums, hotels, viewpoints where the ‘old’ merges into the ‘new’.

Balancing work and adventure will seem difficult in such a beautiful city. The nightlife is rich, enjoy joyful music and lively atmosphere at the clubs. However, it is possible.

I could plan some weekdays, to enjoy the lively, bustling city and the shopping centers in the day time. Working in the evening and night time in the cafes will let me enjoy some Belém custard tarts, Cinnamon and sugar sprinkled pastries.

Work hours can be interrupted with short trips in the city to absorb the smell of fresh seafood or the fiery sunsets from some of the famous viewpoints like São Pedro de Alcântara and São Jorge Castle.

Work will be wrapped up in the morning and afternoon to enjoy the nightlife on weekends. Castles and beaches can be enjoyed in the daytime by planning work in the evening. I could enjoy wine tasting at the vineyards.

To ensure productivity and efficiency, I would keep all my laptop, apps, tools, emails, Wi-Fi connectivity. I can ensure one blog post each day, composing emails, a few quick calls on Skype if required.

As a freelancer, location freedom calls for a right mix of work and leisure. What is your dream destination? How would you balance your life?
#10DBC #freedomplan

No comments:

Freelancers - Who Moved My Cheese?

Freelancers, Who moved my cheese? I am sure you have read the book by Spencer Johnson, if not, click here to read .  Now, back to my b...